SKINCARE TIPS :: HOW TO CARE FOR DRY SKIN


So, I've been pretty vocal about the fact that my recent trip to New York did quite a number on my skin. Not sure what it was in particular, the time change, which I dealt with by inhaling insane amounts of coffee, harsh New York weather, which left my face and hands looking flaky and red or the fact that my somewhat insane schedule played interference with my regular diet, water intake and nightly grooming rituals. Basically, by the end of the day I was too exhausted to take care of my skin properly, which of course I paid for later! By the time I got back to LA, I had ridiculously dry skin all over and elbows and knees that made me want to cry. 

Speaking from experience, when it comes to taking care of your skin, consistency is key. Essentially, if you're using the right product and are diligent about application, you're going to get good results. Since my regular lotions and oils were not exactly equipped to deal with the state my skin was in, I switched to Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serum Advanced Relief, mainly because it works quickly to heal and calm my skin when it gets severely dry and also because it's really gentle on my skin. 



Because I suffer from dry skin periodically, I've developed somewhat of a routine to help eliminate this problem quickly. So, if you ever face the same problem, here are a few tips to get your skin in shape fast. 

1. Sorry to be redundant here, but consistency is key! So, when my skin gets really dry, I apply Vaseline Intensive Care Healing Serum Advanced Relief morning and night! No excuses:)! 

2. To improve circulation, I always start from my feet and make my way up. 

3. I always make sure to pay special attention to elbows, knees, hands and feet. Basically, all areas which are prone to dryness the most. 

4. I love doing dishes! I know, I am probably the only person on the planet who enjoys this activity  but for some reason it calms me down:) Of course the problem with this is that it always makes my hands feel really dry after. So, to combat the damage, I apply the serum right after, making sure to massage it all over my hands, wrists, nails and especially cuticles, to avoid potential peeling and dryness in the future. 

5. Finally, and this is probably the most important one, I really take my time to rub the serum in. Aside from the fact that massaging the skin improves circulation, it also helps the product to penetrate better and do what it is designed to do. So, don't rush, take the time to pamper yourself a little! :)

Hope you guys find these tips helpful! And as always, if you have any questions, shoot me an email! I'll be happy to answer! 







Labels: , , ,